Tuesday, April 30, 2013


PENN RELAYS: Pennridge makes a statement in track and field

Pennridge is not exactly known as a track and field powerhouse, but after this season people might have to start thinking about the program a little differently.

The Rams were well represented at this year’s Penn Relays, the country’s biggest and most famous relay carnival. Not only did Pennridge’s girls’ 4x100 meter relay team of Taylor Chapman, Ariana Przybylowski, Lindsay Sheehan and Natalia Pinkney finish second in the Large School Championship race, but it also held spots in a few individual championship heats. Senior Ella Fox competed in the javelin at her first Penn Relays, while junior Joe Logue and sophomore Marissa Sheva both competed in the Mile Run championship.

“It’s definitely an exciting new experience,” Fox said of the Relays. “When I came in, I was definitely in awe of everything. My eyes were wide open. I was hoping that I would throw a little better than I did today, but I’m just happy to compete here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment