Thursday, January 24, 2013


WRESTLING: Abington pulls out win over Tennent

Montgomery Media / BOB RAINES Abington's Kyle Pederzani wrestles William Tennent's Paulo Alves in the 145-pound class during Wednesday's Suburban One National Conference action.
Jake Ritter didn’t even know he was wrestling until the second to last bout of the night. As far as he knew, his 113-pound weight class was going to be a forfeit. However, with the score 34-32 in favor of William Tennent with one bout to go, Ritter’s number was called and he answered he bell with a 7-3 decision to earn a decisive three points and the Abington win.

“I thought I was going to get a forfeit, so I wasn’t really ready to wrestle, but I knew I had to pull through for my team to get the victory,” Ritter said. “When I took my first low-leg single and scored my first two points, it gave me the confidence to push through. It feels great to help my team win.”

The Ghosts won the Suburban One National Conference match 35-34. It was a match that they dominated for the most part, but a combination of talented wrestlers in the upper weight classes and forfeits put Tennent right back into it and then some. While the Panthers dominated the higher weight classes, Abington a strong hold on the middle. It was the lower classes that made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment