Friday, June 7, 2013

FOOTBALL: Kelly says Eagles are getting better

PHILADELPHIA — Eagles head coach Chip Kelly still isn’t comfortable talking about how his team fits into the NFC East.

The three-day minicamp concluded, Kelly spoke conceptually about tools in the toolbox like the read-option series instead of whether the Eagles had enough tools in their toolbox to compete in the division.

“I haven’t watched enough film of Dallas, the Giants, the Redskins,” Kelly said. “And to be honest, I’m not concerned with that right now. I’m concerned with our guys getting better every day and that’s what they’ve done. You’re not going to put the cart before the horse and say, ‘We’re this.’ Everybody had new acquisitions. I don’t know what the rookies for the Cowboys or Redskins are like, what their free agent acquisitions were like. I have no idea. So for me to compare ourselves to somebody else, I have never been that way anyway. We compare ourselves to ourselves. We improve every day and that is the only thing we can count on. We’ve got the guys we’ve got. We can’t start signing free agents in September. We’ve got 90 guys here and we’ll continue to work with them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment